Significant law changes in recent months include:
- The new Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 came into effect on 1 September 2017. This replaced 11 Acts, the main one from a ‘legal compliance’ perspective being the Electronic Transactions Act 2002;
- On 1 December 2017 most of the law for hazardous substances in workplaces was moved from being under the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 to new regulations made under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
To find out how these and other recent law changes could affect your business and compliance reporting set up please go to the Updater in your ComplyWith and search law changes.
The ComplyWith Content Team have also been working hard to enhance existing content, recently the focus has been on laws in the Information Management and Environment categories. To find out more please search ‘content changes’ in your Updater.
What’s coming up?
Upcoming law changes include:
- On 4 April 2018 obligations under the Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016 about preparing and reviewing asbestos management plans come into force;
- Also on 4 April obligations under the Health and Safety at Work (Major Hazard Facilities) Regulations 2016 about control measures, emergency plans, major accident prevention policies, safety assessments, and safety management systems come into force.
- On 1 April the Minimum Wage Order 2018 will increase the minimum wage from $15.75 to $16.50 an hour and the training and starting-out minimum wages from $12.60 to $13.20 an hour – i.e. 80% of the adult minimum wage.
Content for these new obligations (except for the Minimum Wage Order) is already in your ComplyWith tool.